Each year, bald eagles from the Yukon and beyond migrate south to Fort Collins to roost at Fossil Creek Regional Open Space, located off Hwy 392, just west of the Windsor/I-25 interchange. Our feathered guests are typically with us from the middle of November until March.
Larimer County Natural Resources is offering multiple opportunities for the public to view the eagles and hear a naturalist-led talk about these majestic birds. All eagle watches are free and involve only a short walk along a paved trail to get to the viewing area. Eagle watches will be canceled because of snow, high winds or poor visibility due to fog.
- Saturday, Dec. 5, at 10 a.m.
- Monday, Dec. 7, at 4 p.m.
- Wednesday, Dec. 9, at 4 p.m.
- Wednesday, Dec. 16, at 4 p.m.
- Saturday, Dec. 19, at 10 a.m.
- Wednesday, Dec. 23, at 4 p.m.
- Wednesday, Dec. 30, at 4 p.m.
To learn more about Larimer County’s parks and open spaces, go to