- Recorder Online - http://www.berthoudrecorder.com -
Suicide Resource Center offers classes
Posted By Editor On January 18, 2010 @ 12:48 pm In Uncategorized | Comments Disabled
The Suicide Resource Center will be offering a 4-week class for people who have friends or family members who struggle with depression or bipolar disorder. The class will meet in Fort Collins on Tuesday nights for four weeks at Harmony Presbyterian Church, 400 E. Boardwalk, from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Dates will be scheduled once they have four or more registrants.
The class is taught by Paul Couget, LCSW. Class size is limited and pre-registration is required. Cost is $40, and $20 each additional family member. Scholarships are available.
The Friends and Family Class is open to family members, partners and friends. Some of the topics that are covered include:
· The symptoms of depression and bipolar disorder
· The roles that medication, therapy and lifestyle changes play in dealing with mental illness
· The community resources available to individuals who suffer from mental illness and to their friends and family members.
· Self care and stress management for caregivers as they support the person they love
This class is an excellent opportunity for people to connect and share their experiences with others who are struggling with the same issues. Contact Nikki Brosh at the Suicide Resource Center at 970-635-9301 for more information and to register.
To learn more about these and other programs and services, please visit the Web site at www.SuicideResourceCenter.org.
Article printed from Recorder Online: http://www.berthoudrecorder.com
URL to article: http://www.berthoudrecorder.com/2010/01/18/suicide-resource-center-offers-classes/
Copyright © 2010 Berthoud Recorder. All rights reserved.