- Recorder Online - http://www.berthoudrecorder.com -
CU names search committee for new head football coach
Posted By admin On November 18, 2010 @ 10:40 am In Sports | Comments Disabled
BOULDER — The search committee has been named to help determine who will become the 24th full-time head football coach in University of Colorado history, school officials released Wednesday.
CU’s Faculty Athletics Representative and long-time faculty member, Dr. David Clough, will chair the seven-person committee. A professor in Chemical and Biological Engineering, he has been on the faculty since 1975 and has served as Colorado’s FAR to the Big 12 Conference since 2005, a role in which he will continue when the Buffaloes join the Pacific-12 Conference next July 1.
Joining Clough on the committee are:
· Dr. Robert Boswell, Interim University of Colorado Vice Chancellor for Diversity, Equity & Community Engagement; Professor, Molecular, Cellular & Developmental Biology;
· Dr. Elizabeth Bradley, Chair, Boulder Faculty Assembly Intercollegiate Athletics Committee and Professor, University of Colorado Department of Computer Science;
· Dave Hoover, Chairman & CEO/Ball Corporation;
· Roger Parker (’83, Business-Mineral Land Management), Chairman & CEO/Recovery Energy, Inc.;
· Ric Porreca, Senior University of Colorado Vice Chancellor & Chief Financial Officer; and
· George Solich (‘83, Business-Mineral Land Management), President & CEO/Cordillera Energy Partners III, LLC
The committee is charged with seeking candidates to replace Dan Hawkins, who was relieved of his duties after nearly five seasons on November 9. Committee members will study and evaluate detailed information on candidates, and recommend one or more to CU athletic director Mike Bohn, who as the “hiring authority” is not a member of committee per university policy. The committee will also participate in interviews with candidates.
“I am pleased to be able to serve the University as the chair of the search committee for our head football coach and look forward to collaborating with this group of outstanding individuals,” Clough said. “I am certain the committee will endeavor to represent the diverse interests of University’s students, faculty, staff and administration and the public in the course and outcome of the search.
“We will strive to present to the director of athletics and the chancellor recommendations that will lead to the hiring of the best possible candidate for head coach, an individual who will lead the program to success in the coming years in a way that will engender pride in all supporters of the University of Colorado.”
The committee will meet for the first time later this week.
Article printed from Recorder Online: http://www.berthoudrecorder.com
URL to article: http://www.berthoudrecorder.com/2010/11/18/cu-names-search-committee-for-new-head-football-coach/
Copyright © 2010 Berthoud Recorder. All rights reserved.