Berthoud Schools Fund
Writing contest prompt/topic: How has technology provided by Berthoud BASH funds influenced your education and/or the education of those you know? (Technology includes Promethean boards, document cameras, laptop computers, netbooks, and flip cameras.) Writing can be in the form of an essay, poem, short story, short play, or other appropriate genre.
- The entry must be mailed to the following address: Berthoud Schools Fund Writing Contest, PO Box 1431, Berthoud, CO 80513. All entries must be received on or before March 1, 2011, to be eligible for consideration.
- Students in grades K-2 will submit an entry that is neatly handwritten. Students in grades 3-5 may submit a neatly handwritten or typed entry. Students in grades 6-8 and 9-12 will submit a typed entry.
- The entry must not exceed 500 words. The word count must be written at the top of page 1 of the entry.
- Each contestant may submit only one entry.
- The writer’s name, grade, and school must be written on the back of page 1 of the entry.
- The back of page 1 of the entry should also include the following statement: I give permission for the contents of this piece of writing to be used for promotional purposes by the Berthoud Schools Fund. I also give permission for my child to be identified as the writer.
- Under this statement, a parent/guardian should print and then sign his/her name.
- Entries will be judged on the following criteria: content, evidence of purpose, word choice and arrangement, organization and development, style, and technical qualities/mechanics. The quality of the entry is more important than the length.
- The contest is open to students who are currently enrolled in one of the following schools: Berthoud Elementary, Ivy Stockwell Elementary, Turner Middle School, Berthoud High School.
- One winner will be chosen from each of the following levels: primary (grades K-2), intermediate (grades 3-5), middle school (grades 6-8) and high school (grades 9-12).
- Berthoud Schools Fund reserves the right to collect additional information from winners.
- Berthoud Schools Fund retains all rights for present and future use of the submitted entries.
- Winners’ entries will be posted on the Berthoud Schools Fund Web site.
The four winners will each receive an e-reader valued at $100.
Visit the Berthoud Schools Fund website for more information about the Berthoud Schools Fund and the Berthoud Bash.