Many people are affected by the challenges associated with aging, including:
- The older adult – Increased physical challenges, healthcare costs, feelings of isolation, reduced mobility, and vulnerability.
- Children of the aging – Balancing financial & emotional needs.
- Employers – Increased absenteeism due to employees caring for parents.
Our senior population is growing rapidly while funding for support services is being cut. The Larimer County Office on Aging’s funding to senior service organizations was $700,000 in 2010. The OOA anticipates significant funding decreases and program eliminations in 2011.
The Foundation on Aging currently has budgeted $10,000 to help fund senior support services. The need is clearly much greater than this. We are reaching out to you to ask for your help to:
- Fund existing organizations to prevent the elimination of important services to older adults.
- Fund the emergency needs of individuals whose needs cannot be met by these organizations.
- Educate our local government, business leaders, and community to implement & maintain services that address the on-going needs of our aging population.
Please join us in supporting this diverse & deserving group of aging adults in our community.
The Board of Directors
Foundation on Aging for Larimer County