Colorado Children’s Day in Loveland on March 2
LOVELAND, CO The City of Loveland, with the help of the Thompson School District, will celebrate the 8th annual Colorado Children’s Day on March 2, 2011 from 1:00 to 4:00 p. m. with great activities for kids at designated City facilities. Loveland youngsters will be able to enjoy a day of fun and activities dedicated entirely to them.
Last year, more than 2,000 children and their parents enjoyed the fun at the Rialto Theater, Fire Station #1, Library, Loveland Museum/Gallery and Chilson Recreation Center. Activities planned for this year include:
- · ‘Touch- a- Truck’- fire engines, trash trucks, buses and more at Fire Station #1 (410 E. 5th St.)
- · Justice Joe, Safety Sam and other character meet-n-greets at Fire Station #1
- · Explore the Fire Safety Trailer at Fire Station #1
- · Free cartoons and popcorn at the Rialto Theater (228 E. 4th St.)
- · Bus safety puppet show, walk-to-school safety show with Smart T. Fox Jr. and storm water safety with H2O Jo puppet show at the Loveland Museum/Gallery (503 N Lincoln Ave)
- · Autographs from Miss Loveland Valentine at the Museum/Gallery, 3:00-4:00 pm
- · Dr. Seuss activities at the Loveland Public Library (300 N. Adams St.)
- · Free crafts, balloon-tying, activity demos at the Chilson Recreation Center (700 E 4th St.)
- · StarLab shows at 1:30, 2:30 & 3:30, Chilson Recreation Center
- · 2 Children admitted free with paying parent at the Chilson Recreation Center after 1 pm
- · Loveland Fire Exhibit tours at Museum Sequel building (541 N Lincoln Ave)
- · Vendor and sponsor booths, activities at Fire Station #1 and Foote Lagoon (300 N. Adams)
- · Fishing pole casting lessons with Loveland Fishing Club at Foote Lagoon
- · Disney color sheets at the Loveland Reporter-Herald (201 E 5th St.)
- · Win prizes from Fort Fun and Chick-fil-A by collecting stamps on a Children’s Day passport at all city locations.
Vendors for the 2011 Loveland Colorado Children’s Day event will include: Colorado Division of Wildlife/Loveland Fishing Club, Colorado Bright Beginnings, Thompson School District, Safe Kids of Larimer County, PVHS Healthy Kids Club, Larimer County Solid Waste- Garbage Garage, United Way of Larimer County, YMCA of the Rockies, Larimer Humane Society, Early Childhood Council of Larimer County, ARC of Larimer County, Larimer County Dept. of Health & Environment, Colorado Foundation for Conductive Education, Teaching Tree Early Childhood Learning Center, McKee Medical Center, Poudre School District Early Childhood, Health District CHP+ and Lutheran Family Services.
Sponsors for the 2011 Loveland Colorado Children’s Day event include: City of Loveland, Thompson School District, Tri-102, BIG 97.9, Chick-fil-A, Loveland Daily Reporter-Herald, Kindergrins, Fort Fun.
Parking for Children’s Day can be found in City of Loveland lots, including two new parking lots on 3rd & Lincoln Avenue and south of Chilson Recreation Center (access on First Street). Additional downtown parking can be found of the City of Loveland’s website at www.cityofloveland.org.
The City of Loveland, with the help of the Thompson School District, has been celebrating Colorado Children’s Day since 2002. Children’s Day is the result of the long-time dream of Loveland resident Annie Hall. In March 2001 Colorado Senator Stan Matsunaka sponsored Senate Joint Resolution 01-015 which created a COLORADO CHILDREN’S DAY to be celebrated each year on the first Wednesday in March. The resolution was unanimously passed by the Colorado legislature. Through Ms. Hall’s efforts, the day is now celebrated in other cities in Colorado. Ms. Hall is working to make Children’s Day a nationally recognized holiday. For more information on the 2011 event, please call 970-962-2410 or visit cityofloveland.org.