- Recorder Online - http://www.berthoudrecorder.com -
Fire operations continue at Round Mountain
Posted By Gary Wamsley On June 29, 2010 @ 6:42 am In Area News,Local News | Comments Disabled
Estes Park, Colo. – Fire operations continued today on the Round Mountain Fire that is burning on the Canyon Lake Ranger District of the Arapaho Roosevelt National Forest. The fire was declared 100 percent contained at 8:00 p.m. on June 27th. Three Type II crews continue to patrol the fire and mop-up any remaining hot spots.
The Round Mountain Trail is closed and will remain closed until there is no fire activity in area. Motorists are asked to be aware of fire traffic and ongoing fire operations in the area and to use caution when traveling along Highway 34, which remains open.
“Suppression efforts have been very effective,” said Incident Commander Todd Pechota, “the fire is in very good shape and should be fully controlled in the very near future.”
Further information about this fire will be posted on www.inciweb.org  .
Round Mountain Fire at a Glance
· Location: south of Highway 34, southwest of the Round Mountain Trailhead, west of Loveland and approximately 4 miles west of the Damn Store.
· Cause: Under investigation.
· Size: 76 acres, 100% contained.
· Date reported: June 25, 2010.
· Equipment and Personnel: 3 Type II Firefighting Crews, Miscellaneous Firefighters.
· Structures: None threatened or destroyed.
· Injuries: None.
Article printed from Recorder Online: http://www.berthoudrecorder.com
URL to article: http://www.berthoudrecorder.com/fire-operations-continue-at-round-mountain/
URLs in this post:
 www.inciweb.org: http://www.inciweb.org>
Copyright © 2010 Berthoud Recorder. All rights reserved.