HOW TO HELP THOSE AFFECTED BY
FLOODING IN COLORADO
FINANCIAL GIFTS ARE THE BEST WAY TO HELP!
- FINANCIAL SUPPORT TO VOLUNTARY AGENCIES RESPONDING TO DISASTERS IS THE MOST EFFECTIVE WAY TO HELP - learn why
- To make a financial gift to the organization of your choice, CLICK HERE for a list of reputable agencies responding to disasters
- Cash allows disaster agencies to purchase exactly what is needed
- Member agencies of Colorado Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster do not promote one charity over another. Please donate to a charity of your choice.
- DO NOT GO TO THE SCENE OF A DISASTER
- Volunteers are NOT currently needed for flooding
- You can enter your information HERE, and if a volunteer need is identified, you will be contacted by the agency that can utilize your skills
- The arrival of unexpected volunteers will interfere with response efforts
- STAY SAFE by volunteering with a reputable agency!
- Volunteers will be needed most during the long-term recovery phase, which will last month/years. Please know, volunteers are still needed for flood risk mitigation for 2012 and 2013 disasters
- Please be patient and WAIT until relief agencies can train you and use your help