Larimer County, Colorado – The Larimer County Woody Biomass Sort Yards, a partner of Peak to Peak Wood, intends to open this year on Saturday, April 3, if weather permits. The sort yards will take wood from forest management, fire mitigation, and mountain pine beetle mitigation projects of property owners in the areas.
There are two sort yards scheduled to open:
1. In Stove Prairie on the Colard property south of the Stove Prairie School
2. In the Red Feather Lakes area along the Creedmore Lakes Rd., on the Bear Creek Development property, just north of Chipeta Rd.
The sites will be open on Saturdays only from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. The Last collection day will be on Saturday, June 26.
- Logs 8 ft. 3in. or longer are preferred though shorter logs will be accepted.
- No stumps will be accepted.
- Green slash will be accepted only at the Red Feather Lakes site.
- Slash is being accepted by a private vender and a $15.00/pickup truckload fee will be charged.