October 24, 2011
Larimer County Sheriff’s Office investigators have arrested James William Swets, DOB: 12/21/64 of Fort Collins on multiple felony counts of Sexual Assault against a Child, Contributing to the Delinquency of a Minor, Enticement of a Child and Criminal Attempt – Unlawful Sexual Contact.
Seven juvenile female victims from the Fort Collins area have been identified; however, investigators believe there may be more victims that have not yet come forward. Investigators are asking anyone who feels they may have been victimized or anyone with information about this case to contact Investigator Bob Heffernan at 970-498-5171.
The alleged assaults are believed to have taken place over a two year period and primarily involve inappropriate touching. Swets is also believed to have provided alcohol and cigarettes to the juveniles as well as enticing them to come to locations for the purpose of sexual contact.
Swets was arrested for:
- 18-3-405 Sexual Assault on a Child (Pattern of Abuse), 5 counts, a class 3 felony
- 18-3-405.3 Sexual Assault on a Child by One in a Position of Trust, 1 count, a class 4 felony
- 18-6-701 Contributing to the Delinquency of a Minor, 7 counts, a class 4 felony
- 18-3-305 Enticement of a Child, 2 counts, a class 4 felony
- 18-2-101 Criminal Attempt – Unlawful Sexual Contact (18-3-404), 1 count, a class 5 felony
Mr. Swets is currently being held on a $100,000 bond. He will have an advisement hearing at 1:30 this afternoon.
The charge(s) are merely an accusation and the defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.Print This Post