District Attorney’s Office
Nineteenth Judicial District
GREELEY, Colo. – The Weld County District Attorney’s Office has formally filed eight criminal charges against Steven Ryan (DOB 6/29/87) of Thornton. Ryan is charged with:
• Vehicular Homicide – DUI, two counts (class three felonies)
• Vehicular Homicide – Reckless Driving, two counts (class four felonies)
• DUI (unclassified misdemeanor)
• Reckless Driving (class two traffic offense)
• No Insurance (class one traffic offense)
• Driving Under Restraint (unclassified misdemeanor)
According to police reports, on Monday, November 1, at 1:40 p.m., Ryan was allegedly passing cars in a no-passing zone when he collided head-on with a car being driven by a 23-year-old mother who had two children in her car – a toddler and an infant. The mother died on scene; her infant died later at Children’s Hospital. The second child survived.
Ryan is scheduled to appear in court for a Hearing on Advisement on November 10, 2010, at 8:30 a.m. in Division 15. He is currently in custody at the Weld County Jail; his bond is set at $75,000 which he has not yet posted.