Posted by Mattea Kramer
Five big things will decide what this country looks like next year and in the 20 years to follow, but here’s a guarantee for you: you’re not going to hear about them in the upcoming presidential debates.
1. Immediate deficit reduction will wipe out any hope of economic recovery:
2. Taxes are at their lowest point in more than half a century, preventing investment in and the maintenance of America’s most basic resources:
3. Neither the status quo nor a voucher system will protect Medicare (or any other kind of health care) in the long run:
4. The U.S. military is outrageously expensive and yet poorly tailored to the actual threats to U.S. national security:
5. The U.S. education system is what made this country prosperous in the twentieth century — but no longer:Print This Post