Windsor High School Booster Club to Honor
1981 State Football Champions
The Windsor High School 1981 State Championship Football team will be recognized during halftime of the Semi-Finals State playoff game between Windsor High School and Frederick, at Dudley Field, Windsor High School this Saturday, November 26 at 1:00 pm.
** Current Windsor High School football team will be hosting Frederick High School in the Semi-finals of the 3A high school state playoffs. Please join the Windsor High School Booster Club in honoring the 1981 WHS State Championship Team at half-time. A brief presentation to honor and recognize the anniversary of this historical football event will take place,
Saturday, November 26th, at 1:00pm, Windsor High School –Dudley field
Fast Facts: Windsor High School 1981 State Football Championship team
- 1981 Class 2A State Football Champions. First ever football state championship for Windsor
- 30th Anniversary of State Championship this week
- Overall record, 12-1 (lost 1st game of season to Valley Vikings, then won 12 straight)
- Beat Brush Beet Diggers 14-13 on November 28, 1981 in Windsor
- Game was won “by a yard”. Brush went for 2 points to win the game and Windsor stopped them 1 yd short of the goal line.
- John Burke was the Head Coach, recently inducted into the Colorado Coaches Hall of Fame (2011)
- Team was lead by 1981 2A Football Player of the Year, Mike Hergenreder
- Principal, Reg Figal. Athletic Director, Al Lear