Posts Tagged ‘fire department’
Firefighters Identify Faulty Rooftop HVAC Unit At 08:48 a.m. (April 3, 2013) the Greeley Fire Department was called to 3035 23rd Ave, the Golden Corral restaurant, in Greeley, on the report of a possible structure fire. Upon their arrival, responding fire crews reported that the restaurant had been evacuated. Restaurant employees reported smelling and seeing smoke inside the business. Fire crews immediately entered the building to investigate and quickly determined that fire crews needed to ... Full Story
Greeley Fire Department Responds to Residential Structure Fire Over 20 personnel, 4 engines, a ladder and a rescue unit responded to a residential structure fire at 914 15th Street in Greeley today. The call came in at 11:39 a.m. The residents were not at home; however, two dogs were pulled from the building and life saving measures attempted. Unfortunately, neither dog survived the fire. The home sustained significant fire damage as well as smoke damage throughout. No dollar estimate ... Full Story
Hidden Fire Damages Greeley Home At 10:00 this morning firefighters from the Greeley Fire Department were called to 1841 7th Avenue in Greeley on a possible structure fire. Upon arrival, fire crews found light smoke coming from the attic space of a single story house. Fire crews quickly established that all occupants had safety evacuated the home and began to search for the source of the smoke. Fire crews utilized thermal imaging equipment and located a fire burning within a wall. It was ... Full Story
Small steps can make positive changes. Is is time to change the batteries in smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors. Tragically, home fires kill 500 children ages 14 and under each year. In the U.S., almost two-thirds of home fire deaths resulted from fires in homes without working smoke alarms. Forty percent of the fatal fire injuries occurred in homes with no smoke alarms at all, while 23% occurred in homes in which at least one smoke alarm was present but failed to operate. The ... Full Story
Berthoud fire responded to a fire at the BMX track on Tuesday afternoon. Old hay bales lined up agains the Berthoud High School fence were ablaze. Firefighters got the fire out quickly with water and foam. The bales had been laying in the same location all summer and were dry so that spontaneous combustion was probably not the cause. The fire call came in shortly after classes finished at the high school.