Berthoud Fire Protection District
Incident Activity for March 9-15
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
- BFPD responded to a single vehicle accident on Interstate 25 @ mile marker 252. There were no injuries.
- BFPD was called to a single-vehicle rollover accident on WCR 8E. Upon arrival, the vehicle was found lying on its top. There were no injuries.
Wednesday, March 11
- BFPD responded to a grass fire near Yellowstone Road and 83rd St. Upon arrival, a smoldering fire was found with a few hot spots in the ditch. The fires were extinguished.
- BFPD assisted with a medical call on Sioux Dr. for a person who had broken their leg. The patient was transported.
Friday, March 13
- BFPD assisted with a medical call on Common Dr. for a patient who was hemorrhaging. The patient was transported.
- BFPD responded to a motor vehicle accident on I-25 @ mile marker 247. This was a single-vehicle accident with little damage and no injuries.
- BFPD responded to a motor vehicle accident on Fifth Street and Lake Ave. The single vehicle hit a tree and the vehicle sustained moderate damage. There were no injured passengers.
- BFPD assisted with a medical call on Glenview Ct. The patient was deceased upon arrival.
Saturday, March 14
- BFPD responded to a grass fire at 2419 WCR 46. This was approximately a two-acre grass fire with two- to four-foot flame lengths moving quickly to the northwest. Loveland Fire was called for mutual aid. The fire was extinguished and the area was investigated for the source of ignition.
- BFPD responded to a grass fire on the west shoulder of I-25 @ mile marker 248. Two small grass fires were found which were quickly extinguished.
- BFPD responded to a single-vehicle rollover accident on WCR 3. The driver of vehicle lost control and rolled several times. The seat belts were in use and the air bags did deploy. Both occupants of the vehicle were injured and transported.
- BFPD responded to a citizen request to check for carbon dioxide on Fourth St. Upon investigation, nothing was found.